NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Plywood People and Suffered Enough “Problem Solving Competition” Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry, except residents of Alaska and Hawaii. The following are also ineligible: employees and their spouses, immediate families (parent, child, sibling and any of their respective spouses) and household members of any of the foregoing (whether or not related) of Suffered Enough, Inc. and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities (collectively, including Sponsors, the “Contest Entities”). Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited or restricted by law. The Contest is governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. HOW TO ENTER. Participants may enter the Contest online on the Contest website, located at www.plywoodpresents.com (“Contest Website”).
To enter the Contest online, participants must (i) log on to the Contest Website between 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 1, 2013 and 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July 19, 2013, (ii) read, accept and follow all terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the terms and conditions posted for online submissions, and any other instructions for submission of a Contest every available on the Contest Website, (iii) complete the entry form by providing the requested information, including without limitation, participant’s first name, e-mail address and date of birth, (iv) create and write your problem solving idea in 400 words or less, and (v) submit entrants entry by clicking on the “Submit” tab on the Contest Website. Suffered Enough, Inc. computer clock will be the official time keeper for this Contest. LIMIT: one (1) online entry per person, e-mail address and household per calendar day.
Multiple entries received in violation of the above entry limitation, false or deceptive acts or entries, or entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void, will render a participant ineligible, and also may result in participant no longer being allowed to enter Suffered Enough Inc. sweepstakes, contests or other promotions in the future, at Suffered Enough’s sole discretion. Entries must be submitted in the name of an eligible living person and the prize can only be awarded to the person or e-mail account holder whose name is on or corresponds to the winning entry. Failure to comply with the Official Rules, the terms and conditions posted for online submissions and any other instructions for submission of an entry as available on the Contest Website, in the sole discretion and as determined by Sponsor, may result in disqualification of a participant’s entry(ies). All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. SUBMISSION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: To be eligible for this Contest, Written Essays must meet the below entry requirements.
- It must be original and created by the entrant solely for this Contest;
- It must clearly be solving a problem that currently exists.
- It must be created and submitted by an individual(s) who is 18 years of age or older and who acknowledges and agrees that the provision of any and all services in connection with the Essay are not subject to the provisions of any collective bargaining or guild agreement;
- It must not be created or submitted by any individual or entity under a contractual, employment or other obligation to any other individual or entity to provide the types of materials solicited hereunder as a part of an exclusive obligation, first right of refusal, or other similar restriction;
- It must not contain any third-party material (other than the Authorized Content, as defined below);
- It must include only the individual participant who is 18 years of age or older (and no other individuals), who acknowledges and agrees that the provision of any and all services in connection with the Video are not subject to the provisions of any collective bargaining or guild agreement;
- It must not exceed 500 words in length of explanation;
- It cannot be sexually explicit, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), or depict tobacco or alcoholic products, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsors;
- It cannot depict or encourage illegal behavior (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsors;
- It cannot be offensive, threatening, profane, defamatory, discriminatory, harassing, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable, as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion.
- It cannot include website links, phone numbers, license plates or personally identifiable information for any individual or entity or otherwise violate the privacy rights of any individual or entity,
- Other than the Authorized Content, as defined below, it cannot include images or references to commercial products, third party trademarks, trade dress, logos or signage, or otherwise violate any law or infringe any third party’s rights, including without limitation, those concerning copyrights and trademarks.
- It must otherwise comply with these Official Rules.
Entrants who, in the sole discretion of Sponsors, submit an essay that fails to meet any of these entry requirements will be disqualified.
4. PARTICIPANT REPRESENTATIONS & WARRANTIES; ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:
5. Ownership/Use of ENTRIES: Entrants agree that Sponsors shall own the Essay/Submission (and all rights embodied therein) and that Sponsors and their designees may exploit, edit, modify, and distribute the entry and all elements of such entry, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity without compensation, additional permission or notification, or attribution to entrant or any third party (except where prohibited by law), including, without limitation, on the Contest Website. Entrants agree that they will not disseminate or otherwise submit the Essay to any other entity or individual for publication or use. Entrants acknowledge and agree that Sponsors are granting entrants a limited, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable and non-exclusive license to reference Suffered Enough or Plywood People or Plywood Presents or Problem Solving Competition, their trademarks and copyrights in the the “Authorized Content” solely in connection with the entrants’ respective creation of the Video for submission in this Contest; entrants shall have no right, title or interest in the Authorized Content or any derivative works of any of the foregoing; and any use of the Authorized Content by the entrants other than as expressly permitted in these Official Rules will constitute a violation of these Official Rules. Sponsors reserve all rights not expressly granted herein.
6. JUDGING, VOTING AND WINNER SELECTION:
The Contest consists of two phases: During the first phase, a panel of Sponsors’ judges will review eligible Submissions and select up to five (5) Finalists (as defined below), at Sponsors’ sole discretion, based on the judging criteria, set forth below. During the second phase, Sponsors will publicly post the finalists’ Submissions on the Contest Website. Each finalist will be given the opportunity to give a 5 minute presentation and the use of 5 visual slides at Plywood Presents on August 14-15. There will be 5 selected judges that will determine the winning submission(s). Each of these phases is described more fully, below.
Judging: On or around August 1, 2013, up to five (5) finalists (the “Finalists”), at Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be selected by representatives of the Sponsors (the “Judges”) from among all eligible submissions received based upon the following judging criteria: (i) 25% creativity/ originality; (ii) 25% fit with the goal of problem solving solutions; (iii) 25% viability of the submission ; and (iv) 25% suitability for Plywood Presents Presentation capability and the mission of Suffered Enough, Inc. (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”). In the event of a tie, an additional “tie-breaking” judge will be selected to determine the Finalist(s) from among the tied entries based on the Judging Criteria. Sponsors reserve the right to select fewer than five (5) Finalists if, in Sponsors’ sole discretion, Sponsors do not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified submissions. The Finalists will be confirmed by telephone and/or e-mail and must meet all eligibility requirements including the timely execution and return of all necessary releases and documents within five (5) days of Sponsors issuing the notification that they are being considered as a potential Finalists.
Presentation: On or around August 14, 2013 through August 15, 2013 (collectively, “Presentation”), the qualified Finalists’ will be Presenting at the Plywood Presents Event in Atlanta, GA where participants will be encouraged to vote for one of the Presentations based on the Judging Criteria. Viewers will be allowed one (1) vote response. Participant voting will not be outcome determinative.
Winner Selection: On or around August 15, 2013, one (1) potential winner or up to (3) potential winners (when confirmed by the Sponsors, the “Winner”) will be selected by the Sponsors from among the qualified Finalists using the Judging Criteria and taking into consideration, at Sponsors’ sole discretion, the public votes received during the Voting Period. In the event of a tie, an additional “tie-breaking” judge will be selected to determine the Finalist(s) from among the tied entries based on the Judging Criteria. The Winner will be notified in person from at Plywood Presents Event and must meet all eligibility requirements including the execution and return of all necessary releases and documents within the time specified below, unless otherwise indicated. The decisions of Sponsor and Judges in all matters regarding this Contest are final and binding. The other Finalists will be deemed runners-up (“Runners-Up”).
7. PRIZES. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000).
The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Winner’s prize is Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000). Winner is solely responsible for all tax consequences of the prize, must sign documents acknowledging acceptance of the prize, and will receive a Form 1099 issued by Suffered Enough, Inc.
Two (2) Runners –Up will each will receive One Thousand Dollars ($1000) each. Total ARV of the Runners-Up prizes is Two Thousand Dollars ($2000).
TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES (3 PRIZES): Seven Thousand Dollars ($7,000)
No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute any prize(s) with a prize(s) of like value in the event the advertised prize, or a portion thereof, is not available for any reason whatsoever. Winner and Runners-Up are responsible for the reporting and payment of any applicable federal, state and local taxes (if any).
By participating in this Contest and accepting the prizes, Winner and the Runners-Up grant the Contest Entities the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their name, voice, picture and likeness, without additional compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Contest Entities and all matters related to the Contest, in any manner or medium, throughout the world in perpetuity.
8. GENERAL. The Contest Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet service provider, telephone, telephone lines or other connections, preemptions, blackouts or any other non-controllable acts concerning a television broadcast, or incorrect, incomplete, misdirected, undelivered, lost, late, garbled or stolen entries or computer transmissions, or other errors or problems of any kind which may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism, computer virus, worm, bug, or other events or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control, which adversely affect the integrity, administration, security, proper operation or fulfillment of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest or fulfillment of the Contest (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, modification or suspension, Sponsors reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of such action.
The Released Parties expressly disclaim any responsibility and entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents, from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss to any person or property relating to or arising in connection with participation in this Contest (regardless of the cause of such injury or loss), the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of the prize awarded and/or printing, distribution or production errors. Entrants acknowledge that THE prizeS ARE awarded “as is” and that Sponsor has not made, and is not in any manner responsible or liable for any representation, guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, in law or in fact, relative to THE prize, including, but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Dekalb County, Georgia; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest, but in no event attorneys fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives any and all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages other than for actual out of pocket expense and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplies or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or entrants’ and/or Sponsor’s rights and obligations in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia. If any provision herein is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
11. OFFICIAL RULES OR WINNER’S LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules or the winner’s list (which should be available on or about May 1,2013), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address (please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners”): Suffered Enough, Inc PO Box 17920, Atlanta, GA 30316. All requests must be received by July 19, 2013.
Sponsors: Suffered Enough Inc, PO Box 17920, Atlanta, GA 30316
Ó Suffered Enough. All Rights Reserved.