I don’t know about you, but on a fairly regular basis I find myself with 15 minutes to spend while I’m waiting for a friend, before I have to leave my house for wherever I’m headed next, or whatever it is that gives me 15 minutes waiting for the next thing. I usually find myself fiddling with my phone, checking email, catching up on Facebook or looking at pictures on Instagram. While it’s not necessarily a bad use of time, here are a few suggestions for how we could use those 15 minutes instead.
1. Carry a notebook with you where you go, and write 5 good things that have happened in the last 24 hours.
2. Write a note to someone you’ve noticed something wonderful about but haven’t told them yet.
3. Finally go through the stack of papers on your desk, your overloaded purse or wallet, or your junk drawer… Clean it out!
4. Two Words that I love: POWER NAP
5. What’s the phone call you’ve been putting off because they’re so hard to get off the phone with? Call them. You have to call it quits in 15 minutes. It’s the perfect way to have an end time, and still make the phone call you’ve been putting off.
6. Send a video of yourself to someone you love telling them why you think they’re great.
7. Memorize something. [It's really really good for your brain.]
8. Read a blog and write a comment on it. You’ll learn something and it will be solidified in your mind when you take the extra second to add your 2 cents. Plus, your interaction will be super encouraging to the writer.
9. Stretch. You don’t have to work up a sweat but it will give you energy. This will help you.
10. STOP EVERYTHING. For 15 minutes just stop. I promise it won’t be easy, but I think there will be a payoff for quitting. Even if it’s just for 15 minutes.
What do you do with your spare moments in the day?